Congolese born Tina Lobondi is an international Fashion Designer and young entrepreneur, with over 7 years of experience in the fashion industry.
Tina Lobondi established her eponymous label in Notting Hill. Her collections are based on exceptional attention to details and finish, classic and chic designs.
Elegance with timeless style is the aim she wants to achieve. The fabrics and materials are sourced from all around the world, Mauritania to Paris and London. Her designs are really comtemporary Chic and with a high quality design.
The company’s Made-to order service offers you the possibility of choosing your designs and fabrics, to create individually crafted One-Off pieces all Made in London. Tina lobondi is on her way to become a regular name in the elite of African designers.
-How do you remember your start in the fashion world?
When I starting, things were very different. There wasn’t as many african prints around and it was difficult to start on my own. My will to learn was very strong.
– How do you get the inspiration?
Inspiration comes from everything, friends, family, observing people, movies, etc…
– Your ‘UPTOWN AFRICA’ collection showcased at Mercedez Benz Fashion Week Africa notably captured international fashion media including Vogue Italia and Fashion TV , and your clientele includes Grammy Award winner and New York based singer Angelique Kidjo, London based singer Lianne La Havas and “Eastenders” actresses Shona McGarty and Hetti Bywater.What does it mean for you?
It is very satisfying to hear people appreciate your work. I am very thankful to God for all these blessings. I love working with celebrities, they always teach you something new.
– What differentiates Tina Lobondi’s proposals from other fashion designers that we can find in the market?
The Tina Lobondi brand took time to build. I want to create classic pieces that could be worn in 10 years time. People appreciate the quality and that is very important to me.
-Do you have any muse?
I have many muses, stylish and glamorous women who are comfortable with their bodies. Style icons such as Grace Kelly or Sophia Lauren.
– If you have to describe the current situation of the Fashion World in your country with a dress . how would you do it?
I would probably create a gown because no matter what is happening in the world, people like to dream about beautiful things.
-What can we expect in your upcoming collection?
The collection will keep his identity, chic, glamour and girly.
– The designer’s work has been published in various magazines and TV Channels including Marie-Claire and ELLE Magazine South-Africa, British Soap Awards, LOOK Magazine, OK Magazine, and BBC Africa. Can you talk more about it?
I would like to keep the details of my next show until later. All I can say is, it will represent what I have worked on since the beginning. We are still looking for sponsors and investors at the moment.
-Where can we buy your clothes?
You can buy our clothes from our website www.tinalobondi.com, where you can also find the list of all our stockists.
-And finally a dream to be done.
I hope to dress Angelina Jolie one day.