This week I visited the showroom of the Galician Fashion designer Estefanía Carrera, where I had the pleasure to know first hand her career in the fashion world as well as her new creations.
Estefanía was the winner of the edition of the contest for young designers of the Galicia Fashion Week in 2013 with her collection “Juliet” .
She studied design and pattern, and since she was a child, the fashion designer grew up surrounded by fabrics cause her mother was dressmaker, and she was a huge influence in her career.
Her creations are custom tailored and customized based on the needs and personality of her customers. One of her specialties are hand-painted clothing, where the designer shows a hidden facets : painting, where she givers free rein to her creativity.
Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/estefaniacarrera?fref=ts
Estefanía Carrera Fashion Designer and me
Visionary, creative and innovative, the Valencian Francis Montesinos has one of the most exciting and meaningful careers in the international scene and the Spanish Fashion Market. His contribution to this discipline has set new artistic standards. His aesthetic has influenced both the industry and fashion culture.
Everything he does has his unmistakable personal seal.He has worked in different fields: fashion, accessories and fragrances, as well as collaborating with the world of ballet, film and theater. Francis conquest, inspires and excites in every parade.
We enter into the magical world of Francis Montesinos.
– What were your beginnings in the world of fashion?
Before opening the first store in 1972, I loved every saturday wear for the first time something and I
started doing things to me, for my girlfriend and friends, and then they went to the store.
– How are the man and the woman who wear Francis Montesinos?
They are people who love art, fashion, who love freedom, sea, flowers, nature and color.
– Where do you look for the inspiration?
I find the inspiration at tradition, folklore, painting and Spanish art.
-You commented that fashion is the vehicle of expression of a country. How do you see the spanish fashion today? What do you think about the vision that people have of the Spanish fashion abroad?
A little asleep ha ha ha. We are in a country that even today is still difficult for it, here recently it came in museums, and in the rest of the world it entered many years ago. Vision is very minimal abroad.
– You have designed perfumes, jewelry, the Royal Suite of the Westin Hotel, the limited edition of the Opel Tigra .. In addition to collaborations in film, creating costumes for films directed by Bigas Luna or Pedro Almodovar … How can you take on so many fields? What do you enjoy more?
Creativity has no boundaries and is very rewarding walk in all these fields, sometimes dreamy and different. I always enjoy more with the last I am doing.
– The staging is very important in your catwalks. What kind of music do you like?
Actually, all the good music, anyway, depends on the behavior to work, the collection, which i am doing.
– Aguja de Oro Fashion Award in 1985, best collection of Miami Fashion Week of the Americas and the Gold Medal for Merit in Fine Arts in 2006, and Performing Arts awards for Best Costume Design by the Lake swans and the critics Award for Best Costume Design for the work in ballet “Gypsy” by Antonio Canales.? What it means for you all this recognition? Could you confess us another sublime moment lived in the world of fashion to remember with particular love?
This is a sign that I’m getting older … Always awards or recognitions encourage you, however small, they are appreciated, but when I got the Gold Medal of Fine Arts, imposed by his royal highnessThe King Juan Carlos, you remember it all your life , I also remember always those mythical catwalks with the MADE IN SPAIN, in 1985 at the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid or the Dressater in Berlín, the European capital of the Culture.
-What is the fabric or material that you usually work in your collections?
I love natural fabrics, cotton voile, sheer silk fabric, gauze …. to later convert them into the patterns and colors of the collection.
– What can you tell us about his Spring Summer 2013 “Spanish Garden”?
It’s a very colorful collection where the protagonists are the flowers in my garden, I love lilies, roses, lilies, are such as Spanish essences such as orange blossom, jasmine, night heartthrob ….
– Where can we buy your clothes?
It depends, there are lines like communion and wedding dresses that are sold in very many stores of ceremony, in 40 countries, others such as ready-to-wear and cocktail, in the Store of Valencia, or soon in the on-line shop which is almost ready.
– What are your upcoming projects?
The collections of the home, the usual collections (wedding dress, communion and party) and some more, and continue to insist on international Brand.
Thank you so much to Francis Montesinos for granting me this interview.
Francis Montesinos Fan page: