A brand of solidarity, which has donated some of their profits from the collection to DC Kids Down Syndrome Association of Miami (Florida).
Currently is a leader in the sector with a high component of their product design and great quality derived from a high demand.
– How did your interest in the world of fashion?
My interest in the fashion world was born with me, since my mother started the first company in our country known craft. I was raised among fabrics, swimwear and sewing machines, combining my studies first and then with my other profession.
– What is your leitmotif?
I like the creativity, diversity and I love to take new challenges.
– The model Alba Carrillo, the hostess of Glamour TV has worn in some of their designs. How does it feel when celebrities choose Dolores Cortes?
It feels the healthy pride of having done something to like and interesting to others. At celebrities because they are known and appear in the media, but I’m proud that my swimsuits also like them to women who maintain their anonymity.
– Bikini or Swimsuit?
I always say that the two things, like sometimes we dress skirt and other with pants, depends on the time and at our discretion. Anyway, we are in a time of increased prominence of the swimsuit, after a time wheneverything was bikini. I like change.
– Has collaborated with the Spanish designing costumes for the Olympics. How did this collaboration?
We started working with them in the Olympic games of Sanghai. Then we proposed to make the Olympics. I supposed to assume a lot of work, but it was a wonderful experience, both in the professional and personally. They are a lovely girls.
– In Dolores Cortés you can find a wide variety of collections for all types of women, from lines for Moms through quality swimsuits technically studied to give an image of one or two size less, from the most fashionable bikinis to the child swiw wear (Dolores Cortés Beachwear, Catwalk, Shape Swim, Mum, Win, Kids) . What is the style of Dolores Cortés ?
Dolores Cortés is directed to any woman who wants to look pretty with swimwear and the same for their children. Think that we are specialized in fashion swimwear and in this product we invest all our knowledge, experience and enthusiasm. All we do is in the swimwear and we cover all segments.
-Where do you find your inspiration?
In this collection of 2013 we have developed several trends:
Color explosion. Stimulating, attractive young
Vintage sailor: Environment sailor
Bhairava: Inspiration Paisley positioned drawings.
On the catwalk of Madrid presented the most ethnically collection, inspired by ancient cultures of the American Caribbean. Specifically, we collaborated with the Wayuú tribe of Guajira. Inspired by his craft, graphics and colors, we created this collection very plastic and vibrant. This forms the collection D.C. Gateway this summer. Our line more special.
-A style icon.
I’m not very prone to create me icons. I think that anyone who proposes it, well advised and with a mirror where you can look in yourself, you can have great style.
– The International Fashion Fair FIMI which did homage to her career during the 77th edition of the children’s fashion catwalk that each year takes place in Valencia. What do feel about this recognition?
Actually the homage was addressed to my mother, but I accompanied and participated in it. It’s very endearing and important recognize your work, much more if it is in your home. It was very exciting for my mother and, by extension, for me.
– Dolores Cortés was in catwalks like Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Madrid and Mercedes Benz Miami Swim Fashion. How was the experience in Miami?
We was three editions. This will be the fourth and is a very rewarding experience to be invited to show your collection in the first U.S. catwalk. Moreover because you see that they appreciate your work and consider us each year better as a brand and they offer us better opportunities for the parade.